OK, so I have started thinking of things to add to my “checklist”. As I mentioned before, I LOVE checklist! There is nothing like having an organized list and going through it and saying: #1…DONE. #2…DONE. #3…I’M DONE WITH YOU TOO. #4…NO REASON FOR YOU TO STICK AROUND! My friends, and especially coworkers(not that they are not friends too) all know how I am with my crazy checklist and keeping things organized, I get SO EXCITED at the thought of things being organized! I am sure that will be a post all on its own at some point!
So I am going to start my BEFORE I’M 30 BUCKET LIST! In no particular order:
- Learn a new skill every month: There are so many things that I feel like I should know by now. So I am going to be picking a new skill every month to learn or even brush up on. For example; Sewing. I have no idea how to sew on a button. Really?!? I kind of feel like this is unacceptable! I mean, it seems easy enough right? I am a quick learner…let’s see how sewing pans out for me. Don’t worry, I won’t make any of you wear the pants I sew the button on!
- Do a new activity every month: I need to start being more adventurous! Not like jump out of an airplane adventurous (that will not be making this bucket list!) but more like…go kayaking, zip-lining, rock climbing, leave the house without a 15 lb purse that is full of “necessities”! What is not adventurous about not having Advil, tissues, nail clippers, and floss with you at all times?!? OK, so that may not actually be an activity, but in all seriousness…who wants to be the person with leftovers in their teeth?
- Volunteer: I know this is a very generic goal. But I have not volunteered since I was young and really want to donate my time to help a great organization. I do not know which one/ones yet, but ideas and suggestions are appreciated.
- Make a difference: So this one probably goes along with volunteering. But I have always had the desire to make a difference in this world. I am obviously not going to save the world, but to me every little action counts. Whether it is something as simple as holding the door open for someone or as profound as helping a village get clean drinking water. Every action has a reaction. You never know, that person you just held the door open for could have just had one slammed in their face. You could be the best part of someones day.
- Get/stay healthy: Time to buckle down! So I can buckle my pants!! Enough said!
- Start a side business/hobby: I have always wanted to have something to be proud of for myself. When asked “what do you want to be when you grow up?” I have never had an exact answer and it has been super frustrating for me. So it is time to put my big girl pants on and start being passionate about something!
So there are some things to start off my list. I am sure I will be adding to it as my 29th year goes on! No taking things off it though! There is no way that I am going to be 30 and boring! I have to get these new adventures going!!!